Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Busy Month

It seems that every October just gets busier and busier. With classes entering into exam time and labs having a mountain of grading during the second month of the semester. Over the past week I've finished up grading over 250 pages of poorly written lab reports from my students. I did take some time for myself.

Two Wheel Tango sponsored the cyclocross race at Veteran's Park in Ann Arbor last Saturday. A lot of my co-workers were racing, so I went out and gave it a shot. It wasn't too bad for not riding my bike for the past two months, and I didn't finish last! The best part of the race was that Leslie (part owner) lives next to the park, and she had a barbeque for all the racers and Jolly Pumpkin donated a pony keg of their Bam Noire beer. Yum... Jolly Pumpkin ales are quite unique, with open fermentation, they always get a little wild yeast and some sour notes to their beer. It's a little hard to find, but some of the better places carry it.

3 comments:

Lorena said...

A donated pony keg of Jolly Pumpkin? That's awesome! Hope you enjoyed your first (it was the first, right?) cross race. I, too, have not been on my bike in awhile. This whole writing-a-thesis-thing takes some time, y'know?

Traci said...

So I thought you had some goal for three posts this month?

Marty Brown said...

The month is still early! Only the 18th and my birthday and Turkey Day is coming...