Thursday, March 12, 2009

Another Month Hiatus...

It seems like I have a hard time finding free moments to put together a blog entry, so I have resorted to jotting down a few sentences while cramming my face in the 20 minutes I have to eat lunch today. This past month has been extremely busy with the most exciting thing being my 9 day trek to visit Traci in Antigua, Guatemala! The highlights were trips to a coffee plantation, Lago Atitlan, volcan Pacaya, and of course Tikal. Hopefully I will post some photos before next month!

On the homefront, classes are in full-steam ahead mode as we look to finish labs and coursework in a little over a month from now, so there's no rest for the weary instructors. There is a lot of grading to finish, and a variety of exams to administer. To top it all off, the bike shop is calling with the annual backlog of repairs...

"What do you mean it will take 2&1/2 weeks to get to my repair!" is the common response. Sometimes you just want to say "Hey buddy, you and everybody else dusted off your bike the past weekend when it was 60 and sunny. Think ahead and bring it in in Feruary so it ready to go, and it will only take a day!" Fun times ahead!

No comments: